ON-LINE SUPPORT GROUPS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
California Governor Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency on March 4, 2020, after the first person died of coronavirus or COVID-19. Schools and businesses closed. People are staying home. People are not able to work at their jobs. Grocery shelves are empty. This is a time of extraordinary stress. People are feeling isolated, lonely, depressed, worried, anxious, fearful, angry and panicked.
- People are isolated in their homes, feeling lonely and depressed.
- People are not able to earn a living. They are worried about their future.
- People are not able to get the household products and food that they like.
- People who are struggling with addictions are cut off from the social supports they have developed.
- Parents have to stay home with their children. Many of these children have hyperactivity and other behavior disorders.
- Teen-age sons and daughters have to stay home and do not understand why they cannot go out and be with their friends.
- Husbands and wives living together in confined spaces are getting irritable and taking it out on each other.
- Seniors are isolated in their homes and are not allowed to have visitors.
If any of this has been a problem for you, you may benefit from FREE on-line support groups being led by experienced psychologists and counselors at Authentic Counseling Associates of Gold River, California.
On-line sessions are conducted through ZOOM technology. Each session lasts for 60 minutes and is led by a trained psychologist or counselor. Dates and times are posted below.
On-line support group sessions are a free service to the public during the coronavirus crisis. On-line support group sessions are NOT psychotherapy and should not be considered psychotherapy. Users agree to hold harmless Authentic Counseling Associates and its on-line support group facilitators.